1) The easiest way to get rich is to be born in to it. If you are reading this and you are no rich then it is too late for you and you will have to get rich another way.
2) Marrying well. It worked well for Prince Philip and not so well for Anna Nicole Smith
3) Buy land in places that people like me are afraid to visit. Who would have thought that the farmer’s fields surrounding every major North American city would one day be worth millions to developers? Find a country that is still cheap because it is still a bit of an undeveloped political and economic mess but is open to foreign ownership and do some buying.
4) Winning the lottery. There is a married couple in Virginia who won a total of $2,050,000 in 3 separate lotteries recently.
5) Inventing the wheel. Not exactly the wheel because that has already been done but something equally useful and wanted like the cigarette lighter or Cabbage Patch Kid.
6) Live beneath your means. This does not mean keeping your family of 5 in a 1 bedroom apartment because the rent is cheap. Set a generous savings amount from every pay cheque and invest it somewhere productive but reasonably safe and you will get to rich eventually.
7) Make a sex tape. This worked for Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.
8) Relentlessly push your children to succeed then sponge off them for the rest of your life. That Kardashian mom is probably the one who leaked Kim’s sex tape and for the ball rolling on the family’s wealth building popularity.
9) Don’t have kids and pets. This will not make you a millionaire but it will free up possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars for investing and if you don’t screw it up that will make you a millionaire. My dog does not think this is a good idea.
10) This is that one elusive idea that I need to make myself rich. When I come up with it I will let you know.